Monday, May 05, 2008

Where Do We Go From Here?

This was asked in song by Chicago many years ago. I don’t recall if they had any answers. But I’ve been “searching so long to find an answer” and will not stop with just the question.

I started this thing about a year and a half ago. Besides rattling off eight posts in the first three months, I’ve been rather silent, especially over the past year.

I never intended this to be one of those “at least one random entry every day” things, but also not something that required so much thought and effort. I need to find some happy medium between these extremes.

I guess that I considered this to be more of a roadmap through my life without baring my soul beyond what I considered reasonable. But it has not lived up to my expectations as a roadmap. I think that I have been too picky about what gets put here. If it doesn’t have enough “aha” factor, I’ve not considered it worthy. And I guess that beyond my own imagination I’m just not that clever.

At this point, I have nine partial drafts. At least one of them is over a year old. Each had a good beginning but seemed to stagnate before being worthy of publishing.

I need a new paradigm for publication. Come to think of it, one of the “unpublished” is tentatively titled “Paradigm Shift.” Maybe it could come to life with some new thoughts.

I really don’t want to simply abandon the project, but I’m not ready to change careers. So I guess that an honest reflection of what has been memorable about life, events, the news, etc., will have to do in place of cleverness or an admission of failure. Is the world ready? I really don’t care since this is more for me than them.

I also have this penchant for ending with a pithy line. At least one post was delayed for a couple of days seeking out the perfect ending. There is probably at least one of my “unpublished” that simply needs and ending, cute or otherwise.

But I have mostly pondered without any clear answers. I guess that’s OK. I do not need to have answers for everything.

So where do we go from here? I guess the answer is “forward.”

No comments: